Yoga Course for Mums & Babies
Welcome to Red Tent Yoga’s program for mums and babies, taught by Emma Grant, teacher of mums & bubs yoga for almost 14 years, and practitioner of Ayurveda for 10 years.
The Program has a holistic approach to motherhood offering:
* Yoga postures, breathing, meditation techniques & deep relaxation, including iRest Yoga Nidra
* Healthy Morning Tea
* Sharing, discussion and self-inquiry as woman and mother.
The Program is available to mums of babies from 10 weeks old and will run for 5 weeks, beginning with a foundation yoga practice which builds on strength & posture every week while also focusing on a related discussion Topic for women to deepen their connection to self, baby, partner, family and especially opportunity to bond with other mums:
Week 1: Your new Body & Baby after Birth Topic: Adjusting your life as a mother
Week 2: Toning Pelvic Floor Topic: Staying in your Centre as a Mama
Week 3: Strengthen Core Abdominal Muscles Topic: Meditation for Mums
Week 4: Strength & Softness in your body Topic: Receiving Support in your life
Week 5: Finding your Home Practice Topic: How to be a Goddess Mama
Each weekly Class will include:
1) 1 Hr Yoga class which includes:
– quick & easy meditation techniques for mums
– warm up and Yoga postures that offer both strength and toning (in all the right places), as well as relaxation and nourishment for body and mind
– iRest for mums which is a form of Yoga Nidra that works deeply on the nervous system helping to release stress, anxiety, depression and even trauma.
2) Ayurveda Handouts, recipies and discussion focusing on nourishing food for mums & babies, balancing lifestyle suggestions and more
3) Sharing circle and opportunities for discussion and self-enquiry around topics such as your birth, emotions, hormones & motherhood, parenting choices, relationships
4) Light Brunch offered after yoga class, Ayurvedic Tea and nourishing food
This is specifically designed as a program for mums that does require commitment to the course and most importantly to herself and her baby. This is much more than a yoga class, it is an opportunity to journey with other mums and come out the other side with a strong body & mind, tools, practices and to take home and a circle and support of like minded mothers.
Cost of Program for 5 weeks is $80 ($70 conc) which needs to be paid upfront to ensure your booking and place in course. Limited numbers. In this next course we will take a 1 week break on 14th March, so dates are from Wed 28th Feb to April 4th.
Direct Transfer Details: Red Tent Yoga BSB: 012554 A/C: 216 242 033
Please email Emma to confirm payment has been made to finalise booking at email@example.com
Emma Grant was first introduced to yoga while living in Paris in 1996, and soon after discovered Vipassana meditation, and has been practicing both ever since. In 2001 she completed her first yoga teacher training with Swami Satchidananda of Integral Yoga in the U.S., then went on to study in India with Pattahbi Jois of Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga and Desikachar, son of Krishnamacharya, where she also began her love of Ayurveda.
In 2009, Emma created Red Tent Yoga, a sacred space for the Byron Bay community, especially women and their families, to come together for yoga, healing and inspiration through classes, courses, groups, sharing circles, workshops and events.
Emma has maintained her practice of Yoga, Meditation and Ayurveda throughout her pregnancies and into motherhood, during which time her yoga practice and her body changed enormously. Through her own life experiences, Emma has learned to lovingly listen to what her body and mind need, and carries this practice into every moment and aspect of her life. It is from this place that she now teaches, encouraging her students to empower themselves. She currently teaches yoga both locally and internationally.